The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has announced some guidelines for the social media marketers. These guidelines may restrict the social media marketers to use the social media fully. The FTC has given instructions to follow their rules strictly while marketing a social media campaign.
Here are some guidelines provided by the Federal Trade Commission to all the media marketers:
1. The Commission has updated the information about on how the messages are handled in the social media marketing along with a disclosure of making relationships among the product and celebrity sponsor.
2. The internet users have an intense effect social media network. So the social media promotional sites can buy Twitter followers and Facebook that will help the people to get out from the non-profit media.
3. Another rule introduced by the FTC for the contests that appear, fake Facebook likes and sweepstakes. FTC recommends not incentivizing the likes in the social media network. It is also seen in the twitter page that there is some coupon offered at the page. You must avoid those coupons as it is strictly restricted by the commission.
4. The FTC treats about the giveaways and contests; they provide the understandable difference between giveaways and contests. Avoid such kind of things that gifts you the lottery, because the lotteries are only run by the state government only.
5. There are some other issues by the FTC related to the Twitter videos and tweets. FTC gives the guidelines that the social media marketers must include a disclaimer page in their videos. The disclaimer must be involved at the starting of the video. You must include the disclaimer in your video of about 120 to 140 characters.
There are many of the confusions about the guidelines provided by the FTC. But you are now aware of the guidelines. Following the guidelines will help you to secure your social media marketing promotions on the websites.
Click Here To Get More Information social media exchange